Monday, July 09, 2007

More Baby Quilt Action

No sooner had I finished the quilt for Mr. and Mrs. ChuckDaddy's soon-to-be punk, when another set of friends -- let's call them Mr. and Mrs. Anglo-Lithuania -- are all, like, "oh, we're pregnant too! Due at the same time! Hint, hint!"

Well, what could I do? I made 'em a quilt. Don't tell them, though; I don't think I'm going to give it to them until Thursday. I'm pretty sure they don't read my blogs.

In deciding what to do for this second baby quilt in a row, I wanted to symbolize how cool I thought it was that two of my best couple friends are having babies within a few weeks of each other by having the quilts be somewhat similar. But, I didn't want them to be TOO much the same.

So, this is what Baby ChuckDaddy's quilt looks like:






















And this is what Baby Anglo-Lithuania's quilt looks like:



















It's got a different color (duh!), no fabric substitutions (I was more careful), and more aggressive quilting (I was more confident). Plus, it makes a nod to tradition with pink in the backing, as the kiddo is expected to be of the female persuasion.
















May these and all other babies on the way be fabulously healthy, fabulously happy, and let their parents sleep through the nights. Yeah?

4 comments:

Libby said...

Wow, great job choosing the fabrics - it's so shimmery. Gorgeous! What a lucky baby...

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Very nice looking!
I saw this link and thought of you: http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzz/Heavy_Metal_Quilts

Michael5000 said...

@[Cherry]: Well I'll be damned. There's a niche for everyone on this big blue marble, isn't there. The name ("Quiltsryche!") is the best part, but the quilts are actually not bad....

@Libby: Merci!

Rebel said...

Very nice baby quilts - both of them, I really like the colors, it's nice to have baby things that aren't pink or blue.