Tuesday, November 10, 2009

SQ11: Finished



You saw the face of this one last year, but here it is completed. It's made from salvage denim, backed with green cotton material that was probably curtains in its past life, and batted with an old poly blanket. It is nothing if not warm.

The quilting is pretty visible here, and simply followed the -- what's the word I'm looking for? -- the grain of the corduroy. I'll point out, too, that the photograph makes it look yellower than it really is, which makes it look a little dirty, which it isn't. UPDATE: I got a better photograph, so the colors aren't all yellowed out now. The blue and gray is actually pretty sharp in person. If I do say so myself.

5 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Super and very graphic! I always like your quilts anyway.

jovaliquilts said...

What are you doing with your storm quilts?

The Calico Cat said...

Whale - or it could be wale - the word that you were thinking about with the corduroy. BTW That is how I still think you shoud quilt the Mondrian quilt...

Libby said...

Looks sharp in the photo, too. I like it very much.

Kenia Soares said...

Very Good! Very Graphic!