Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm Just Happy When I Can Help

I've been using Google Analytics to track how many people stumble into my blog empire, and how they get there. Aside from making me feel like a enormous loser on days with no readers, this also lets me see what Google search terms led people to me.

For instance, last week somebody Googled the phrase "four interlocked circles." I don't know what they were looking for really, but since I had used that exact wording in my entry on the quilt for Baby Chuckdaddy, they ended up reading my blog.

This is how I know that sometime yesterday, someone linked to this blog from this Google search:

"how to be more masculine"

Well....

All I'm going to say is: Hope you found what you were looking for, bro!

6 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I did, thanks!

Rebel said...

Yes, reading your blog makes me feel very butch. ;) You're providing an important public service.

Unknown said...

Impressive search phrase, that one! I always feel a little bad when somebody runs a search about a problem with their feed dogs and ends up landing on my page, which will be of absolutely no help.

KarenD said...

I found you through a comment you left at Mel's quiltblog (Quilts Galore). I really enjoyed your post on what you didn't like at Seattle.

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

Thanks for checking out my blogs, I have found many other quilters through the web rings I have joined. These rings have also helped them to find me. I almost always check out the blogs of those who leave comments too.

Michael5000 said...

@[cherry] & rebel: Glad I could help.

@feed: Yeah, but it's the perfect name for your blog. They'll just have to deal.

@karend & flippy: Thanks!